All processing steps, from sample absorption, separation, mixing with reagents and analysis to waste absorption are combined in a single micro structured disposable lab-on-a-chip / lab-on-a-disc system made of plastics. The purpose of these miniaturized analysis systems are to integrate complex functions in a simple device. Microfluidic devices are being used for the following applications: point of care testing, DNA testing, petrochemical testing, cell research etc.
Axxicon enables the manufacturing of lab on a chip / lab on a disc for life sciences- and diagnostics companies. All based on our knowledge of engineering products and production processes of optical discs and look-a-likes. Axxicon has more than 25 years of experience in tooling and injection moulding micro structures on an optical substrate.
Our extensive know-how and partnerships with well-known research facilities and companies, allows us to cover the full range from designs to test replications and mass production.
Axxicon is a proud member of the Flow Alliance.
- Key Microfluidics Competences
- Supply Chain for Microfluidics in Plastic
- What's in it for you?
- From "First Prototyping" to "Large scale and low cost production" of micro fluidic disposables.
- A total solution approach from engineering, manufacturing, assembly, quality control, packaging, logistics to distribution.
- Allowing our customers to focus on their key competences; development and commercialization of microfluidic disposables in different application fields.
- Rapid prototyping
- From small series up to millions
- Competitive cost price per unit
- Shortest time to market
- Design for manufacturing
- Moulding through-holes
- In-house R&D and project management
- In-house toolshop
- In-house moulding
- State-of-the-art (measuring) equipment
- Modern production facility based in the Netherlands
- Short communication lines
- Flexibility and excellent after-sales service
- Enabling the development, (mass) production and supply of smart consumables with tolerances down to 1μ level